Please rank your level of excitement related to the following scenarios, then check your scoring below.
1 = I’m not excited at all, maybe even dreading it, feeling nervous, or avoiding it altogether. I may even want to throw up.
10 = I’m jumping out of my skin with excitement! This is FUN! I LOVE this process!
I’m about to meet with someone who’s expressed interest in my services or products; this is a potential “sales” conversation.
1. _____ I’m at that point in a sales conversation when I’m supposed to “ask for the business.”
2. _____ I’m at a networking meeting and someone asks me what I do. This is how I feel when I answer.
3. _____ Someone at a networking meeting just asked me what I charge/what my prices are.
4. _____ At the end of a sales conversation, my potential client says “I can’t afford it.”
5. _____ At a networking event, I’m asked “how do you differ from your competition?”
6. _____ A potential client has asked me to send a proposal right away.
7. _____ I’m at that point in a sales conversation when I’ve just announced what I charge, and it’s quiet on the other end.
Final Score: _________
Less than 32
Uh oh. You REALLY don’t like sales, do you? You most likely feel awkward and try to avoid such scenarios. Your level of pleasure is in the pits! The good news is, there are strategies and tactics you can use to ease your nerves and increase the fun factor.
Sales is something between a “necessary evil” and an “okay” activity. You’re well beyond the nauseous stage, but you don’t take pleasure in it either. A few tweaks and you can take it up to the “WOO HOO I LOVE THIS!” phase.
Sales is a blast – exciting, enlivening, and keeps you on your toes. You see each conversation as an opportunity to explore, enjoy, and connect. Your energy increases when selling, and you love discerning whether you can solve your prospect’s problems and then making offers when appropriate. You’ve learned to love sales and turn on the cash flow!
My friend, if your score is anything below 56, we gotta talk! Your Sales and Business are suffering. Let’s speak so that you can sell more, get more clients and make more money FAST.